Cystitis in a cat: what to do?
What to do if a cat has cystitis?
If your cat shows symptoms of cystitis, contact your veterinarian as soon as possible. He will examine the pet, conduct tests and ultrasound, establish a diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
Cystitis will not go away on its own, it cannot be cured on its own. If only because it is impossible to diagnose this disease at home. Symptoms of cystitis are similar to symptoms of other diseases of the urinary system, and only a specialist can determine the problem. Without timely treatment, the disease will become chronic, which will negatively affect the quality of life of a cat in the future.
The treatment of cystitis includes:
– elimination of the causes of the disease,
– removal of pain and spasms,
– the destruction of pathogenic bacteria in the bladder,
– removal of inflammation in the bladder,
– cleansing the bladder from the effects of inflammation,
– When dehydrating the body, an animal is prescribed a dropper.
The complex of medicines is selected based on the picture of the disease, the state of health of the cat and its individual characteristics. Improperly selected drugs will not have an effect at best, and at worst will lead to death. Do not engage in amateur performances!
Treatment can only be prescribed by a veterinarian!
During treatment and rehabilitation, the cat should not be disturbed. Make sure that her place to sleep is dry and warm and that there are no drafts in the room. To maintain a healthy urinary system, you will need a special diet (for example, Monge Urinary Cat). The choice of diet is necessarily discussed with the veterinarian.
Proper diet plays a key role in the treatment and subsequent recovery of the body. Strictly follow the recommendations and the norm of feeding. No products from the table!
Cystitis Prevention in Cats
To prevent cystitis, it is enough to properly care for the pet. What points should I pay attention to first of all?
– Make sure that the cat is always warm, so that she sleeps on a warm, dry litter and does not fall under drafts (especially after bathing).
– Ensure the right diet: feed must be of high quality and balanced. Do not give your pet human delicacies.
– Clean drinking water should always be freely available.
– Timely clean up the tray so that the pet does not disdain to use it and does not restrain the urge.
– Follow the vaccination schedule and treatment for parasites.
– Visit a veterinarian not only if you feel unwell, but also to prevent them.
When prone to diseases of the urinary system, the cat will need a special diet and dietary supplements (dietary supplements, for example, “Cystophan” with L-tryptophan). Supplements for the prevention of cystitis relieve inflammatory processes, regulate the function of the urinary tract, and prevent the onset of the disease and its relapse. They have no contraindications and side effects. The diet is prescribed on an ongoing basis, and dietary supplements are applied in courses.
The choice of diet and dietary supplements must be agreed with the veterinarian!
Diets and supplements will be effective only if the recommendations are followed. Even if you buy the best diet for your cat, but continue to feed it with products from the table, there will be no benefit. In supplementation, dosage and consistency are important.
Proper maintenance, a balanced diet and constant monitoring of the state of health – this is the prevention of cystitis.